[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4261: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4263: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4264: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4265: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
somj.org • View topic - FAQs

FAQs

Informative forum for the guests of SOMJ and registered users having log in troubles.

Re: FAQs

Postby gunngirl » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Lizzie, if you want to change your personal layout go to "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of this Christmas Layout and there you can click on "Board Preferences" and then pick a design. Sorry there aren't tons to choose from, but you should be able to do it. I think Tar changed this layout and overrode preferences but I'm pretty sure you can change it for yourself if you want.

This layout did move everything to the right, but I got used to it. I have yet to find a layout I really ,really like anyway.

Hope this helps.
“When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever.”
gunngirl
Founder & Senior Administrator

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Lizzie--can you hang in there for a couple more days? B/c right now it's an override and you can change your preference but your choice will not be in effect until the override is off.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick
Peanut Gallery & Senior Administrator

Postby gunngirl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 am

Lizzie, you're trying to get smilies in your posts? You shouldn't be copying and pasting anything, when you click on it the name of the smilie will come up in text form but should be in image form when you post your comment. I don't understand what you're copying and pasting.
“When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever.”
gunngirl

Postby lizzie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks, ladies - sure, I can hang in. T - the theme is very cute and seasonal - just seems like some different choices and options than what we've had previously.

GG - I haven't been cutting and pasting smilies for some time. I'm finding it quite easy to insert them now. Yeah! :ohyeah: You may have been reading my older emails when I had my head up my butt and didn't know what I was doing!! lol
"...he was surrounded by ....light and goodness; he was like a guru, a baba, a holy man" Kenny Ortega on Michael Jackson
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Thank you bunches lizzie! I'll change it back tomorrow! =]
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 am

OK - is it me/my new computer, or is anyone else having thisproblem: i all of a sudden tonight can't see some smilies...only red x's in white boxes... :wtf:

:thinking: :huh: :dunno2: :dunno:
MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am

I ahve not had that problem but most of them are saved on my computer...is anyone else having the smiley x problem?
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

Don't go crazy, TaR - if no one else but me has this problem, i'll deal (any i can't see that i might want to use i can find or get elsewhere on the 'Net). Maybe it's my DAMN new computer - tho' i had no probs like this till tonight (altho' some pics in the pic thread have disappeared on me too).

Well, we'll see if it's just me. Thx for the info & for checking...
MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 am

Iggy I had the host site clear and resync the forum smilies (which also allowed me to add one more of Mika's favs :mw: :yahoo: yay) hopefully that will fix your red x problem
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm

IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby lizzie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm

How can I post picture from my collection onto a thread? I did a copy and paste and it didn't work. Thanks.
"...he was surrounded by ....light and goodness; he was like a guru, a baba, a holy man" Kenny Ortega on Michael Jackson
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am

here you go lizzie I am going to add a few more details and repost but this should get you going.

8.How do I post a picture from my computer?

At the bottom of the submission window (the one that comes up when you hit "reply to topic" not the quick reply at the bottom of the thread.) There is an attachment option. Click browse, select the image, type a comment if you like, then click "add file" then click the any of the "submit" buttons.
That Pirate Chick

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

1. click the post reply button (bottom left hand of the vista screen)

2. type a message in the submission window (the system will not allow you to submit an attachment without a message)

3scroll to the bottom of the submission window (just below the smilies)

4. you'll see "upload Attachment section" (title is on a blue bar)

5. click "browse"

6. a pop-up file upload window will open up

7choose picture you want to upload from your computer

8. click open

9. click add the File (this will prepare the file for submission to the forum

10. click submit to make the file public
That Pirate Chick

Postby Rebecca » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:43 am

Okay, I'm probably staring right at it, but it is 5:40 a.m. after all. :lol: Is there still a "new posts" button? I'm determined to stay awake and enjoy the board because my stupid internet was down most of the day! Grrrrrrrr! It's looking great around here, TaRaysha! :goodjob: :thanksspin:
"It's been my dream since I was a child to somehow unite people of the world through love and music.'' ~Michael Jackson

"My favorite holiday is Love Day because everyone should love." ~Michael Jackson, age 13
Rebecca
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby lizzie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 am

TaRasha - you have done and outstanding job at navigating this new platform (? - not sure what it's called really) and keeping us herded together! Your skills are amazing. Now I have one issue I've noticed, so far: Nobody's avatar is showing up on my screen - just a red X and an empty space. Is this just me? Can you respond to kkismet@verizon.net, please,so I don't have to log in to wite-on and then erotica to get the answer? Thanks, T.
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Email sent =]
That Pirate Chick

Postby Rebecca » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 am

No rush, but I wasn't sure if you saw my question about whether there's a "new posts" button. Thanks!
"It's been my dream since I was a child to somehow unite people of the world through love and music.'' ~Michael Jackson

"My favorite holiday is Love Day because everyone should love." ~Michael Jackson, age 13
Rebecca
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby lizzie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:46 am

I am so frustrated - I'm trying to post a certain picture in the pictures thres and I can't get it right. tantrum! I just posted 3 other before this one and they worked great. But the one I want to post - I need to enlarge it for the right effect (see where I'm going? hehheh) Well anyway, I tried the method below AND tried Tar's steps for Photobucket. I don't know what's wrong, but it only displays about half of the picture, but the dimensions (?) read 494 x 672 - well within the 700 x 700parameter. ARGHHHH! :curse: Any suggestions?

by MJ's Girl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Lizzie try this:

If you have Microsoft office put the mouse pointer over the image and click the right button. Click the option "open with" and a menu should display. Click the option "Microsoft Office Picture manager" and the software should open. On the top toolbar there is a "Edit_pictures" button, click on it. On the right you should see a menu, go to Change Picture Size and click on "Resize" then you can do a "custom width x height" and enter 150 on width (the other will automatically adjust, but change it if its still bigger than 150), then hit the save button and you're done!. WARNING: make sure to work on a copy of the original picture b/c once you save it there is nothing you can do to go back to the original size.
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:23 am

Rebecca, there is a new topic button but you have to be in teh forum not a thread. it's in the same spot as the "post reply" button is in the thread but reads New Topic when you're in a forum or sub-forum.

Lizzie email me the link the pic, b/c I am not sure what's going on with that--thanks! tarayshas@aol.com
That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm

I was trying to embed a couple of vids, following the instructions upthread 9page 1, I think) - didn't work - in your spare time (LOL), I wonder if you could chck and see if those instructions are still good?

I will email you my picture (regular email) for resizing if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

One more thing - last nght there was some live chat going on - I tried to join in, but there was a red button next to my name and my posts wouldn't display - went to user control panel, but didn't notice a setting for something like tha - did I miss it?

TaRaysha - I know these are 3 different issues, and please don't feel pressed to respond right away at all - you do such a great job on this forum and always have. I don't want to interfere with your time to ENJOY the forum,too. Get out there and play, girl!
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey Lizzie--

I am here to help. =]

~I'll check my email see if I got it.

~you have to click "chat" in order to join in. The button is located on top of the page at the right has a little person as an icon--you can try it even if there isn't anyone there to do a test post.

I'll have to check on the embedding and get back to you.

here is a link with info on bbcode what is used to embed pics, video, etc.

That Pirate Chick

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 am

That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 am

OK! Thank you a million, zillion!! You're the best! I'll give it a try.

Even better - the avatars are back! Whoohoo!! Hats off you you - :cc:
lizzie
Thriller

Postby Julia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 pm

I've been away and just popped back in to post a video in the video thread - thanks to TaRaysha for setting me up w/a new password (my old one wasn't working - or I was trying to get in through a URL that wasn't working any more, or something ...)

But now I have another question. I always used to use the "Active topics" page as a starting point, to see the newest posts. I just went there, and my post in the video thread isn't showing up - and I don't see anything newer than Sunday ...

I do see it in "New posts" - does "Active topics" no longer show the newest post at the top?
Julia
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:21 pm

you're welcome Lizzie.

Julia--I don't think that the VG forum is set to show up as an active topic--that's a manual setting I have to set up for each forum. I just haven't gotten around to checking for all the forums :blush: but will look into it tonight.
That Pirate Chick

PreviousNext

Return to Guests Please Read