[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4261: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4263: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4264: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4265: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
somj.org • View topic - FAQs

FAQs

Informative forum for the guests of SOMJ and registered users having log in troubles.

Re: FAQs

Postby lauraf. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 pm

ooooh MJ why to you tease me like that youasty,nasty boy :kelly2:
lauraf.
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby Julia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks, TR - I didn't know you had to set them up like that - I thought active topics were just any topics with recent posts. I'll have to get used to clicking "new posts" instead ...
Julia
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 am

I was right I had not sat it to appear in the active topics that one is good to go I still have not set all the forums. I'll get to it though. Until then view new posts will prob be a better option.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick
Peanut Gallery & Senior Administrator

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:21 am

HI TaR!!!!!! OMG i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVING your new avi............... :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: In fact i just watched my brand-spanking(!) new dvd of MOONWALKER tonight.............. I'm gonna pass out - i can't take my eyes off THAT GORGEOUS x a gazillion creature!!!!!!! Michael is SO HOT!!!!!! :MJ:

Anyway - that's not why i'm in here (Sorry - it's been 2 freakin' weeks - and i'm in serious withdrawal!!!!!!) Apparently i've missed TONS of stuff (i'll be up all night just checking my inbox/messages! :nodhappy: hahaha)... I have a few q's whenever you get around to it:

1) My smilie problem still exists (some show up as red x's in white boxes still) - but i guess there's nothing we can do about that, huh? Must be a problem at my end - i can't figure out what the problem is or how to fix it, but i suppose it's not that important - i can deal (and i can get most smilies from elsewhere off the 'Net anyway)....

2) This is a biggie - do we no longer have the ability to change our backgrounds? (i went to user control panel, board preferences, display settings, global setings[?], etc - everywhere i can think of and i can't find anywhere that'll let me change my screen/bkgrnd back to what it was before, or to anything else for that matter.) Was that option deleted? i SOOOO liked my old choice - this one is OK, and i'm sure there was a reason it was chosen (hope it wasn't forced on you or the gang), but it's not my preference at all - none of the topic/thread/message "icons" look like anything to me on my (new) PC except "smudges" in square boxes; some things aren't where they used to be, etc. I'm not a HUGE fan of this color or level of "brightness" either.... Sorry i sound like i'm complaining, TaR; it's still the same forum w/the same people (and a few new faces maybe) - and it's always gonna be OUR "Neverland" - our MJ sanctuary.... but i really liked and miss my old setup/background.

I guess I just wasn't expecting after being away from here for 2 weeks (NOT by personal choice, believe me!), that things would've changed so much.... Anyway - i'm just venting; the cold i had last weekend and a few days before that seems to have come back, i'm still not done w/my homework, etc. Guess i'm just tired and a little grumpy. I know that you ALWAYS do the best you can do for ALL of us and i ALWAYS do mega appreciate ALL your time and hard work...and all you do for us in here. You know i would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it - and that I love this place and all you guys just about as much as i do Michael (and that's immeasurable, as you well know!)

I guess silly me was just hoping there was a way around the system - but it's OK if there isn't. I'm "home" when i'm here, and i know that - even if someone wanted or needed to change the "decor"!!

OK i'm done venting - thx for listening. I have like 70 messages to go read now - guess i won't actually get into any threads tonight. Damn. maybe tomorrow for a few minutes... :pray: there's SO MUCH going on and stuff i want to know/hear about, to say/post, etc - and people to catch up on their "situations" and stuff too! I need to quit school AND my job!!
MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 am

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 am

Oh, hey T - NO problem... i know the site "crashed" & i can of course wait for the bugs/kinks to get worked out. I'll check out that link perhaps tomorrow - and will let you know if i find anything useful. PLease don't go insane w/all this - you have enough on your plate. A little at a time - ok? Can GG help out at all? And what do you mean about paying? Does it cost you to run this site/forum? If so, how can i/we help? you shouldn't bear that burden alone - this place is priceless! Thx for the info...let me know what (else) i can do to help out (even w/$$).... it's late & i must go to bed now. Hope to get in tomorrow for a bit. De-stress, TaR, OK? Don't let all this "fuckery" make you too nuts - we can all deal w/everything as is for a LONG time yet, OK? The fact that this place exists at all is a godsend, and bless you for all you do. i mean it. now get some rest/relax - and may you have the best MJ dreams ever! C U tomorrrow, TaRaysha... Keep the faith, kid!

hugs & peace,
~me
MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:14 pm

There really isn't much to be done but pick a cohesive layout and make it work. Thanks for the offer to help pay for the hosting, but it's not much and well worth it to keep us all together with no limit on our pictures, bandwidth, etc.

Thanks for the offer and your patience.

Much love to you

~T
That Pirate Chick

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 pm

This is yellow black....what do you think?
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 am

Hey TaR/GG - anyone know why in PM's i can't add an image to my messages from my own PC (not a Web [http:] image)?? And is this the "final" layout decision? Is it too much trouble, work, time, etc, to bring back or make work the "pick your own" option that we used to have? I'm just curious, that's all. Thx!!
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

On our old server we had a limited amount of space and pictures are huge, so we only allowed them on the main pages.The reason for not allowing the posting of pics/attachments is moot now that we have our own server. I just never bothered to change it b/c it hadn't come up.
That Pirate Chick

Postby UnoU1it » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 am

UnoU1it
Stranger in Moscow

Postby That Pirate Chick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 am

You're welcome UnoU1it! That's what I am here for. =]

just FYI to all: The FAQ thread is for how to info, trouble shooting issues, questions and answers regarding the forum, and requested smilies. It is also the fastest way to get Admin attention with forum related problems. Please do not post articles, etc., create a topic in the proper sub-forum or post to existing threads.

Thanks so much
~T
That Pirate Chick

Postby mitajo » Thu May 27, 2010 2:23 am

Hi T. - Can you tell me why I have to log in everytime even though I choose to keep me logged in? This is a recent occurance that I've noticed.
Thanks.
I miss you Michael. You are forever in my heart.
I hope you're dancing.
mitajo
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby That Pirate Chick » Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am

try clearing the board cookies on the site and in your browser. Let me know when you do and I'll purge the cache that normally fixes the problem. I have had that happen on my phone before.
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm

this is solely an FYI and doesn't need any "fixes" - but i thought i'd pass along the info. Today, for the 1st time ever, i couldn't log in. What was weird was, on the portal page (which, btw, i now can't see anymore [not even a link to it] ever since i finally logged in), it said that i was one of the online/registered users, but i couldn't really do much except i guess what guests could do (yet i could see my name on the bottom of the portal page, so it kinda irked me).

SO, I deleted the board cookies. Nothing changed (except that when i finally could log in later [sort of], my "View Your Posts" link had disappeared). I can't delete all my browser cookies, cuz whenever i do i have trouble getting into my banks, credit cards, etc etc etc. So, i deleted somj.org from my Favorites, then i deleted all browser cookies NOT associated w/any Favorites sites (that's an option i have). I still had trouble logging in! I even exited out of the browser several times and also restarted the whole damn computer twice. Nada. Zip.

I opened my "welcome to somj" e-mail in Yahoo (from so long ago, my user name listed there is still maria2x!); i tried to get in from the main link in the e-mail, but i keep getting a "general error" message whenever i try that way in. (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! By now i'm really ticked off; i mean, i was in here yesterday [or the day before?] and had no trouble - :wtf: happened today that should cause me so much freakin' grief and trouble???)

I finally got in by clicking the "activate your acct" link in the e-mail, where it promptly brought me to (i think?) the board index page, where it says "your acct has already been activated" or something... I don't even recall now if i had to log in at that point w/my username & p/w....

All i know is that this is a little annoying, and i hope this doesn't keep happening. As i said, i can get in now using the activate your acct link, but i can't find the portal page anymore when i do log in, and no more "view your posts" link - which i loved cuz it listed by thread what topics i had posted in. Now all i can "see" is at the bottom of the user control panel page, there is a "your posts" link, but all it brings up is a list of individual posts rather than a list of the threads i've posted in. damn damn damn :mad:

After the LA trip, can anyone tell me if they've had similar problems? Can an admin "reset" or "fix" anything on my acct at this end that will help? Do i HAVE to download firefox/mozilla? What happens to ALL my IE toolbars if i do? Do they automatically transfer over to Mozilla? What about any Favorites??? UGH!!! This shit should NOT be this fn complicated!!!!!!!

Thx for letting me vent - sorry i'm so aggravated......... I gotta go make/eat dinner now. Catch you all later or tomorrow...

~maria
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:51 pm

hey iggy,

it has been a huge problem with Internet explore users. the big thing is to clear the browser cache and cookies (you can select only somj.org cookies) then delete board cookies on the page. not really a necessary step but it's a fail safe. I have this problem all the time on my mother's computer (she uses IE) the best thing to do is to clear the cache in the IE options for some reason it gets "clogged up" It also happens on my phone...but I do the same process and it works everytime.

as for the portal type in the url www.somj.org after you clear the cahe and you should be ok.

Mozilla will transfer your favorites over if you download it.
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Tx, TPC...you didn't have to get back to me now - you've got SO much to do...

I guess i'll have to get in as i described above OR download mozilla cuz, as i mentioned above, i DID clear the IE browser's cache of ALL my "non-favorites" cookies AFTER i deleted somj from my favorites first (that should've deleted them, but either it didn't work or there's some other issue...). And when i DO type "www.somj.org" into my browser OR click the "main" link in my e-mail, this is what i get (still - even now...i just tried it again):

General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/ca_vintage/template//portal/portal_body.html does not exist or is empty
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: somj_admin1@somj.org

No big deal, really. I'll just have to do my little trick that i figured out above or open both mozilla AND IE (w/somj open in mozilla) at the same time, so i have access to things like all my IE toolbars (and all my shortcuts on them) and also to my MJ Radio/Tunes widget, etc. (If only Faves transfer over, that's only partially helpful.... Damn. Oh, well.)

I guess the option to view my posts by thread disappeared at some point, maybe when i deleted board cookies? :dunno: That kinda sux, but i s'pose i can deal w/it. (It is odd that i can't see/get to the portal page either tho once i AM signed in. What-ev. I guess it's not all that important.)

Anyway - You have much much more to do, T, and worry about than all this triviality, so don't worry 'bout it or me; finish packing, have fun, and try to keep your sanity!! Have a GREAT time, and a safe trip!! And hug all the gurls for me...

:grouphug:
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm

let me clear the boards cache. hopefully that will work, and check your default board setting that will cause a problem too.

ok I purged the boards cache; see if your default style is prosilver in the user control panel (next to where you see how many new messages you have on the blue bar.) if it's set to prosilver then try it purging the cache wwhen you have a chance. I'll have my laptop in LA. but hopefully that will take care of the problem.
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

Hey, TPC!!!!! From all accts, i understand you did a bang-up job re: the LA trip!! Everyone is greatly appreciative, i'm sure.

I know you're catching up at work/home, getting some much-needed rest, etc ... but i wanted to say thank you, cuz whatever you did for me re: my board "problems" (before the trip) worked like a charm and everything is all good now!! :thanksspin:

Sorry i waited so long to tell you - but it wasn't that important & i didn't want to bother you just before or during the trip w/something so trivial...

:urock:

PS - i heard you did get to Vegas...hope you had a lot of fun, maybe even won a few $$?? Did you check out the Vegas Hard Rock hotel/cafe? Was any MJ stuff there? Anyway - that can all be posted in the LA 2010 memoir thread and other appropriate locations... Just curious & thinking of you, T!
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 pm

hey there iggy, I am glad it worked! I'll post all about the trip in the new thread (great idea btw)
That Pirate Chick

having a dim moment

Postby moonstreet » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 pm

um ok, I feel kinda stupid posting this but I need heeellllllppppp :ashamed001:

:dunno: can someone tell me how to post photos so that they show in the forum not just the link. I have a photobucket account but when I post photos I can only post links to them.

also, when Im replying to posts and want to quote a previous post , it dosnt look the same as when everyone else. They have a nice boxy layout, while mine is just a basic copy. Im confused :headslap:
♥♥♥♥When You Wish Upon A Star, Dreams Can Become Reality♥♥♥♥
Whatever you heard about me might be true, but then again, it could be as fake as the person who told you.
moonstreet
Thriller

Re: having a dim moment

Postby That Pirate Chick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:39 pm

it's not you, I am working on it. For some reason you and tech have the same issue....it's driving me nuts-o-- I have noticed and am working on it there is no logical reason for it so i am currently dealing with the illogical, bare with me.
That Pirate Chick

Postby moonstreet » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 pm

[quote="That Pirate Chick"]it's not you, I am working on it. For some reason you and tech have the same issue....it's driving me nuts-o-- I have noticed and am working on it there is no logical reason for it so i am currently dealing with the illogical, bare with me.[/quote]

ah ok, :thanksspin: , phew then it isnt just me being dim, :lol:
Whatever you heard about me might be true, but then again, it could be as fake as the person who told you.
moonstreet
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 pm

nope, not you at all. Just a default access issue. Hopefully all of your posts from now on will not have an issue. IF they do please pm me or post again in the thread. If you have any other problems feel free to create another thread in this forum or post the FAQ thread there is a link in every forum. :happy:

~T
That Pirate Chick

Postby moonstreet » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm

moonstreet
Thriller

PreviousNext

Return to Guests Please Read