[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1592: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4261: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4263: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4264: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4265: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
somj.org • View topic - FAQs

FAQs

Informative forum for the guests of SOMJ and registered users having log in troubles.

FAQs

Postby That Pirate Chick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:30 pm

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick
Peanut Gallery & Senior Administrator

Re: FAQs

Postby MJ's Girl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Boooooo I had just become a Thriller in the old forum. I was so proud (LOL). Sorry for interrupting girls, I just couldn't help it.
"PrEjUdIcE iS iGnOrAnCe" Michael Jackson

~ That's why we rehearse ~ MJ.
MJ's Girl
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby That Pirate Chick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:58 pm

I know right! I was 2 bad =[ =[
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. -Michael Jackson
That Pirate Chick

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 am

How come I can't submit an avatar - I keep getting a message that everythinh i choose from My Pics file is too big. Can I resize? HELP!!! thx, -maria
MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 am

MJ-UR the sun U make me shine/like the stars that twinkle@nite/UR the moon that glows in my <3/UR my daytime my nitetime my world/UR my life! (I'm the thinker the thinking the thought/I'm the seeker the seeking the sought/I'm the dewdrop the sunshine the storm/I'm the phenom the field the form/I'm the desert the ocean the sky/I'm the PrimevalSelf in U&I ~MJJ, Dancing the Dream...)
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby lizzie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 am

I haven't figured it out, but I did it once on the other site. I went to Flickr - and re-sized it there, but when I saved it back to my computer, it was still too big. How do I do this?

Also, do we have to lose our old rank?
"...he was surrounded by ....light and goodness; he was like a guru, a baba, a holy man" Kenny Ortega on Michael Jackson
lizzie
Thriller

Postby MJ's Girl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Lizzie try this:

If you have Microsoft office put the mouse pointer over the image and click the right button. Click the option "open with" and a menu should display. Click the option "Microsoft Office Picture manager" and the software should open. On the top toolbar there is a "Edit_pictures" button, click on it. On the right you should see a menu, go to Change Picture Size and click on "Resize" then you can do a "custom width x height" and enter 150 on width (the other will automatically adjust, but change it if its still bigger than 150), then hit the save button and you're done!. WARNING: make sure to work on a copy of the original picture b/c once you save it there is nothing you can do to go back to the original size.

Let me know if works. Oh, and yes we lost our rank :x

MJ's Girl
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby Em1 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the tip MJ's Girl!!!! I'll give it a shot! Image

I want to go back to being a Heartbreaker....Image
"I happen to be colorblind....One day, I strongly expect every color to love as one family." ~ Michael Jackson ~

♪ Someone put your hand out, I'm begging for your love
All I do is hand out a heart that needs your love... ♪ ~ Michael Jackson ~

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°
Em1
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby MJ's Girl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:40 pm

MJ's Girl
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby lizzie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 am

OK - got it! thanks for the help. I didn't have that Office picture manager thing but I had HP Picture Viewer or some such.. anyway it worked.
"...he was surrounded by ....light and goodness; he was like a guru, a baba, a holy man" Kenny Ortega on Michael Jackson
lizzie
Thriller

Postby rfsmith5139 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:24 am

Hi all, I know what you mean, I had just become a PYT, and it wasn't easy getting there, lol, as I have a hard time reading a lot of words on screen for long periods of time. Oh well, at least we have a new place to talk now. :roll:
"Success, fame, and fortune, they're all illusions. All there is that is real is the friendship that two can share." Michael Jackson as the Scarecrow in the Wiz.
rfsmith5139
2 Bad
2 Bad

Postby IGotItBAD4Michael » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Anyone know if you can change your settings in here to view more posts per "page"??? :? :? :? :? :?
IGotItBAD4Michael
Streetwalker
Streetwalker

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 pm

let me see I did notice there were an awful lot of pages fairly quickly
That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Can someone just tell me how to get the smilies to copy & paste?
Thanks.
lizzie
Thriller

Postby lizzie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:10 pm

I know what you mean...I was a PYT and felt like I was just "on the verge" of reaching the next level (whateve that is) & yeah, it was alot of effort (& fun) to get there.
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

you can copy the image url by right clicking. then post it like a picture by clicking the Img button
That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:34 pm

OMG I've done it every which way - still no copy & paste! Once again, please for the technically-challenged: I right click and select: copy? copy shortcut? save target as? huh ? Now I'm right-clicking on the smiley itself, right? Am I using any of the buttons above the posting box? Like Img or URL?

Once I do it, I'll be like - WTF took you so long! lol
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:07 pm

click on "copy image location". then click "img" and paste the image location between the brackets, without spaces. It won't work if there is a space between the url and the brackets.
That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm

lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 pm

That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:44 am

mmmmmmmmmmmm

OK Here's a ? : when you put in the url between the [img][img], do you actually SEE the smileya/ or just read the url? and the smiley only displays when you "preview" or "post"? because I don't see any smiley..

it's late here thanks for your help so far T! maybe I'll try it fresh manana. insert grateful & sleepy smilies!
lizzie
Thriller

Postby lizzie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 am

OMG in my above post I see a smiley - but it didn't show up until I "submitted"

Is this right???

Think I'll try another one uhoh I see no " [img] button at top of this box at this point,
I think it shows up when I "preview" here goes
lizzie
Thriller

Postby lizzie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 am

well waddaya know, joe?Image

teach a girl to fish, and she'll never go hungry! :cfpg:

it's confusing though...you can't see it till after it's up
lizzie
Thriller

Postby That Pirate Chick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:24 am

right it won't it's html code. so you get the name of the smilie in your posts. I am glad it's working also, if you just want to use the smilies that are forum provided just click on it :MJ: .
That Pirate Chick

Postby lizzie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:33 am

oh boy - now I'm confused. Those are the one's I've been woking with. but I still have to copy and paste the url to get it to work. I mean it won't simploy copy and paste.
lizzie
Thriller

Next

Return to Guests Please Read